- The problem with religion is that in order to believe in a religion, we need to believe in “magic“
- And most of us do not believe in Magic
- Or at least, most of us do not think that we believe in magic
- But then, most of us really do…
- If you believe in free will, you believe in magic — if there is such a thing as free will, cause and effect is not absolute
- And if free will is real, you and I are “magical”
- Also, if you believe in the “constancy” of right and wrong (ethics) you believe in magic – there are no ethical constants in science
- And really, if you believe in consciousness, you believe in magic — consciousness is our prototype of non-physical, and science has little (or NO) explanation for it
- And actually, most well-educated persons do believe in free will
- Almost everybody believes in ethics
- And everybody does believe in consciousness
- Then note that the only thing that would really make sense is nothing
- Nothing would make perfect sense!
- Once there is something, we have a serious conundrum…
- Either there has always been something — or, at one time there was nothing
- Neither possibility seems to make any sense
- Maybe, “always” isn’t what we think it is…
- Then, Stephen Hawking says that before time and the Big Bang there was a “singularity” of infinite mass, zero volume and no cause and effect…
- Yeah … right
- in other words, we should suspect that Reality is not the machine that ‘mainstream’ science would have us believe…
- There must be a bit of “MAGIC” in reality — especially, in us conscious beings…
- Then — to what extent does modern science really understand reality?
- We modern humans tend to think that we’re pretty far along the road to understanding reality – but then, we humans have probably always thought that
- Are we really much past Copernicus?
- Could it be that we humans are as close to understanding reality as chickens are to understanding calculus?
- Are we nearly as smart as we think we are?
- And then there’s
1. The Anthropic Principle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle): somehow, our universal physical constants are perfect for producing LIFE
2. Quantum Entanglement,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement): Einstein called it “spooky action at a distance.”
3. Quantum Mechanics in general
- But then, what really makes me believe in magic, is my own SELF…
- YOUR SELF | What it’s all about (what-it-s-all-about.life)
MY BEST GUESSES (SO FAR)